The Singapore Polytechnic Act was passed on 27 October 1954. In January 1955, the first Board of Governors was appointed with industrialist L. Cresson as its chairman. The first principal, D. J. Williams, former principal of Lancaster and Morecambe College of Further Education, was appointed in January 1956. Order fake Singapore Polytechnic diploma and transcript, buy fake Singapore Polytechnic degree, order fake Singapore university degree.
A five-acre site (later extended to 10-acres) at Prince Edward Road, off Shenton Way, was allocated for the institution. The site was cleared by December 1956 and piling began in January 1957. Construction of the buildings started in April 1957. In the meantime, classes commenced at Tanjong Katong Technical School, Belvedere School, and Connell House at Anson Road.
Designed by established architecture firm Swan & Maclaren, the polytechnic’s Prince Edward campus was completed by 1958. It comprised three connected blocks, which housed administrative offices, a main lecture theatre, a library, classrooms, studios, laboratories and workshops. Functional in design, the most distinctive feature of the complex was the striking mosaic pattern on the rectangular foyer fa?ade.
The campus was officially opened by Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, on 24 February 1959.
By that time, SP had 2,800 students enrolled across 58 courses in five departments: Engineering; Building and Architecture; Science and Technology (including the Nautical Section); General Education; and Commerce.