Fort Hays State University (FHSU) is the fourth largest of the six state universities located in Hays, Kansas. After Fort Hays closed in 1889, the Kansas legislature asked that the the Fort Hays reservation be donated to the state as a location for a branch of the state agricultural college, a branch of the state normal school, and a public park in 1895. However, no no action was taken on the request and in 1899, the Interior Department declared the land opened for settlement. Get a fake Fort Hays State University diploma online, order fake Fort Hays State University degree, buy fake Fort Hays State University certificate, buy a fake FHSU diploma, buy fake diploma in Fort Hays.
However, in March, 1900, the Kansas delegation in Congress managed to secure the land and buildings for educational purposes. In 1901 the legislature passed legislation establishing the Fort Hays Experiment Station (part of Kansas State University) and set apart about 4,000 acres for the Western Branch State Normal School.
The Western State Normal School began with a summer session on June, 1902, and the first regular term opened in September, with an enrollment of 23 students.
First classroom at Fort Hays State UniversityThe school was conducted in the old fort buildings until 1904, when the central portion of what was the main building was ready for occupancy. At that time, another large building closer to the city, was also completed, and the college officially moved to its present location.
By 1910, the total enrollment had increased to almost 1,000 students. In 1914, the Western Branch of the State Normal School separated from the school in Emporia and became Fort Hays Kansas State Normal School. At the same time, the tiger mascot was adopted but it is unknown how it was chosen. The school became the Kansas State Teachers College of Hays in 1923 and its name was changed to Fort Hays State College in 1931. It was elevated to university status in 1977.